Lake Tahoe in the winter isn’t just about the skiing, boarding, snowball fights, snow shoeing, building snow men, drinking hot chocolate and of course cozying up by the fire to dry out after a magical day in the snow. No, can you believe that there is actually more! Lake Tahoe in the winter is a glittering, snow filled playground for kids and adults! If you haven’t been interested in joining a snowboarding lesson, have an entire snowman family in the yard, or feel like you have seriously done everything, then check this out! We have a list of not-so traditional activities that may pique your interest:
- Lake Tahoe Helicopter Tours – Take in the breathtaking sights and views of Lake Tahoe from above! With tour packages from 10 minutes to 45 minutes, Lake Tahoe Tours has the best package for you.
- Lake Tahoe Sport Fishing – Year round fishing in Tahoe makes a chartered trip this winter a must! Fish Tahoe’s hot spots on a guided boat tour from Tahoe Sport Fishing.
- Sleigh Rides – Riding in a one horse open sleigh just got real! Enjoy this holiday tradition all snuggled up with the whole family. 30 minute and hour long sleigh rides are available in South Lake Tahoe from Borges Family Sleigh rides.
- Cross Country Skiing – Down hill not your thing? Enjoy the beauty of South Lake Tahoe on cross country trails located at Camp Rich, voted best place to cross country ski. Trails are groomed and range from expert to beginner.
- Snowmobiling – Offered by Lake Tahoe Adventures, snowmobiling and ATVing make for a day filled with excitement and adventure. Join a two hour tour for all skill levels and see Tahoe from a whole new view!
- Dog Sled Tour – Not only reserved for Alaska! This adventure of a lifetime boasts a wilderness tour driven by a beautiful dog sled team. Available in North and South Lake Tahoe.