Summer Time in South Lake Tahoe is AMAZING! Perfect weather means lots of outdoor activities and plenty to do for the whole family. If you’re bringing the whole crew or just a small group, there is no shortage of activities in South Lake Tahoe this August.
- Dance Live at Lakeview – A FREE summer music series that features live music from top local, regional & national touring music acts. The series takes place at Lakeview Commons (intersection of US HWY 50 and Lakeview Avenue) every Thursday evening
June 26th-August 28th!
- Shakespeare in the Park – Pic-nic packed, toes in the sand and first class entertainment for all. The annual Tahoe Shakespeare festival is every day until August 24th.
- Lake Tahoe Summerfest – Tahoe SummerFest is fast becoming one of Tahoe’s must-do events. Under the mastery of Maestro Joel Revzen, top players from the nations best symphonies gather to create the magic of SummerFest.
- Valhalla Art, Music and Theater Festival – The festival is set against the magnificent backdrop of Lake Tahoe and the Tallac Historic Site. Looking forward to its 34th year, it is produced by Valhalla Tahoe.
- Lake Tahoe Concours d’Elegance – The flags are up and The Tahoe Yacht Club Foundation’s Lake Tahoe Concours d’Elegance is excited to announce that more than 70 of the finest and rarest wooden boats in the world will be on display August 8th & 9th and Obexer’s Boat Company in Homewood California.
- Hang gliding Tahoe – Take an interactive flight lesson in a powered hang glider, also known as a Trike (shown here flying above South Lake Tahoe). This FAA approved light-sport aircraft features a modern hang gliding wing, very much like a traditional hang glider, but powered by a reliable Rotax aircraft engine. This is a safe, unique and thrilling activity for Reno and Lake Tahoe.
- Ta-Hoe Nalu Paddle Board Festival – Take the most beautiful Lake in the world, gather the best SUP athletes on the planet, mix in a little Aloha, and you have the perfect recipe known as the Ta-Hoe Nalu.
- Helicopter ride over Tahoe – Reno Tahoe Helicopters operates year-round. Scenic tours are available from South Lake Tahoe and now Truckee airport. Groups and all passengers are welcome.