We’ve become increasingly aware of vacation rentals scams over the last year. While RnR Vacation Rentals is booking homes for visitors heading to South Lake Tahoe for a vacation, others are looking to take advantage of unknowing tourists. It’s important to take precautionary steps when booking vacation homes , here’s how to keep yourself safe.
- Always use a reliable booking engine! We recommend sites like VRBO.com, Homeaway.com, AirBNB.com and of course vacation rental websites like RnRvr.com.
- Be skeptical when using Craigslist. Many times we will see our homes posted on Craigslist, with our images, exact wording, and even website information. Before booking a home through Craigslist always check the company site and make a phone call to be sure!
- Never rely on just email. If at any point in your booking process you need to speak with someone, feel free to pick up the phone and give the homeowners or property managers a call. If it is a legit vacation rental someone will be available to speak with.
- Trust your gut. If anything feels off during your booking process trust your instincts. There is always a chance you are right, and it never hurts to double-check.
- Check all sources. You still feel like something isn’t right, but make sure your positive! If you find a home on Craigslist, double-check their website and use the contact information provided there. If the home doesn’t have a website, cross-reference 3rd party booking sites like the ones mentioned about. If all else fails go with your gut!
If you ever run across a vacation rentals scam, always be sure to flag the post and help other stay away from fraudulent bookings. If you are able, always let the homeowners know as well.
For more information about booking your next vacation rental with RnR Vacation rentals, give us a call! Our staff is always available to help and answer any questions. 855-998-2463