As Halloween approaches, can you decipher which of these houses are downright haunted and which are just plain homey?
Half of the images below are buildings that have a ghostly history, while the other half are eerily beautiful and available for you to rent through RnR Vacation Rentals.
The spooky truth:
1. Haunted: The Ehrman Mansion in Sugar Pine State Park has been startling park rangers over the years. Rangers have reports inexplicable imprints in the bed that was once the resting place for Sydney Ehrman.
2. Homey: No ghosts here! Only good times to be had by you and your loved ones in this 4 bedroom, 3.5 bathroom home we call the Heavenly Valley Estate, equipped with a loft and pool table.
3. Haunted: This is the Abraham Curry House and it’s closed to the public, but open to alleged ghost sightings of Mr. Curry himself. Curry is considered the founding father of Carson City and his ghost is said to have been seen walking the halls of his former home.
4. Homey: The only thing haunting about this home is how stunning the exterior and interior are. You can stay in this homey Sierra View Estate with 5 bedrooms, 3.5 bathrooms, and stirringly stunning views of the Sierra’s from the upper deck hot tub.
5. Homey: This home is called Paul’s South Shore Escape, but you won’t want to escape the comforts within this 3 bedroom, 1.5 bathroom Tahoe Island neighborhood house close to bike trails and ski areas.
6. Haunted: The Historic Cary House in Placerville is said to be the dwelling place of four ghosts, including a man ghost who frequents the lobby, and a kitty-cat ghost who mysteriously meows into the night in room 220.
7. Homey: It’s spooky how much fun you’ll have at this completely ghost-free home right on the water of the Tahoe Keys. This is our Waterfront Serenity home with 4 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms, two levels of living space, a hot tub, and a private waterfront setting.
8. Haunted: The Truckee Hospital may have looked homey at one point in time, but now it spreads chills with its frightening sightings of the ghost of a surgeon peering through the windows.
9. Haunted: The Nevada Governor’s Mansion is still a fully-functioning government building, and even hosts trick-or-treating at the front door. But the mansion also hosts a few ghosts, including those of Governor Denver S. Dickerson’s wife Una and their daughter June.
10. Homey: You’ll scream with delight as you enter this split level home with 3.5 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a hot tub, large fenced yard, and lots of space for the family to gather and share ghost stories in our Family Favorite home.
Hopefully you found a homey place to stay, and a few haunted places to stay away from. RnR Vacation Rentals is here to house all your spook-tacular trips this season! Visit our website or give us a call at 855-998-2463 to start planning your stay today.