This stupendously snowy winter is getting rewarded with the return of the International Ski Federation World Cup. It has been 19 years since an FIS World Cup was held in CA, but all that changes as the 2017 Audi FIS Ski World Cup comes to Squaw Valley on March 9th-12th.
Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows will be hosting a full weekend of events, including bound-to-be-epic slalom skiing by Julia Mancuso and Mikaela Shiffrin on the Olympic famous Red Dog run.
Events: Thursday, March 9th – Sunday, March 12th
Thursday Event Highlights:
- Community Kickoff Parade – 4:15pm @ The Village at Squaw Valley
- Welcome Party – 6:30pm @ Village Events Plaza
Friday Event Highlights:
- Gates Open – 8:00am @ World Cup Venue
- Vendor Village open all day – 9:00am-5:00pm @ The Village at Squaw Valley
- 1st Run Ladies Giant Slalom – 10:00am @ Red Dog
- 2nd Run Ladies Giant Slalom – 1:00pm @ Red Dog
- Official FIS Award Ceremony of Ladies Giant Slalom – 1:45pm @ World Cup Finish Venue
- Rusted Root Concert -6:00pm @ KT Base Bar Main Stage
- Fireworks – 8:00pm @ KT Base Bar
Saturday, March 11th Event Highlights:
- Vendor Village Opens – 8:00am @ The Village at Squaw Valley
- 1st Run Ladies Slalom – 10:00am @ Red Dog
- 2nd Run Ladies Slalom – 1:00pm @ Red Dog
- Official FIS Award Ceremony of Ladies Slalom – 1:45pm @ World Cup Finish Venue
- HoneyHoney concert – 2:45pm @ KT Base Bar Main Stage
Sunday, March 12th Event Highlights:
- Vendor Village open – 9:00am-5:00pm @ The Village at Squaw Valley
- ProAm Race – 10:ooam @ Red Dog
- ProAm Awards – 2:30pm @ KT Base Bar Main Stage
For a full list of events, visit the Squaw Alpine website. This legendary event will sell out fast, you can still purchase VIP tickets on the Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows website. Your other option for viewing is to snag a spot in the free standing room area surrounding the finish arena. Or you can always catch the live-stream available on the big screens of The Village at Squaw Valley restaurants.
Make a vacation out of this historic event and stay in one of our South Lake Tahoe homes. Our Blitzen Bliss home is located 1 hour from Squaw, and just 20 miles to Heavenly & Sierra at Tahoe as well as 40 minutes from Kirkwood. That way you can get fired up watching the pros, then come back and experience all the skiing Tahoe South has to offer. We also have plenty of other homes available close to all the action, look at our portfolio or give us a call at 530-208-5001 x 1 today.