If you’re looking for a new perspective on how to vacation in South Lake Tahoe, try visiting the charming streets of Meyers just down the highway from Lake Tahoe.
Top 10 Things to do in Meyers CA:
10. Eat: Pretty Odd Wieners. Even with just the name, this one is clearly a winner. They serve up a wide selection of scrumptious gourmet hot dogs, including elk sausage and wild boar. You can visit their eatery at 2933 Hwy 50, Tahoe Paradise, CA 96155 or their website for menu items.
9. Drink: Divided Sky. You can ride bikes over to this bar, which offers a variety of food and beverages, and enjoy the ambience inside or outdoors. Their drink menu includes beer, wine, specialty cocktails, organic coffee, and tea. They are located at 3200 Hwy 50, South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150.
8. Stay: Blitzen Bliss. Our Blitzen Bliss home has 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and is located just down the way from the local businesses and eateries of Meyers. The home is nestled in a quiet neighborhood and offers your own relaxing hideaway with a spacious fenced backyard, wood burning stove, provided board games, and movies to watch on the HDTV.
7. Play: Lake Tahoe Golf Course. This 18 hole course with Sierra mountain range views is open 7 days a week. They offer breakfast specials with your 8:00am start time, or twilight and super twilight tee times. The course is designed for competitive or social play for all ages and skill sets. For rates, visit their website. For directions, click here.
6. Shop: Lira’s Supermarket. Get everything you need for your stay in Meyers from everyday grocery items to local wines and sandwiches in the delicatessen portion of the shop. Lira’s is a local staple you won’t mind making a trip or two to. Get directions here.
5. Play: Upper Truckee River. Float, fish, frolic, enjoy! The Upper Truckee River flows from the Sierras to beautiful blue Lake Tahoe itself. You can enjoy various activities at different parts of the river, whether that’s fly fishing, floating in an inner tube to cool off in the hot months, or seeing portions freeze over in the chilly months. (Pro tip: you can walk to the river from our aforementioned Blitzen Bliss home–how fun!)
4. Eat: Verde Mexican Rotisserie. This Mexican restaurant has a “green” focus and creates meals with natural ingredients and locally sourced produce. They offer everything from chorizo breakfast scrambles, to burrito salads with mahi-mahi, to paleo plates, to whole rotisserie chickens, down to a selection of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, and of course a variety of chips and salsas. Check them out at 3141 US Hwy 50, South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150.
3. Eat: Meyers Downtown Cafe. This breakfast spot has all your morning favorites like classic pancakes and eggs Benedict, with the addition of items like chicken-fried steak and avocado-accompanied dishes. They have a full kids menu with specialty hot-cocoa and mouse-shaped pancakes. Visit them at 3200 US Hwy 50, South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150, in the same space as the Divided Sky bar.
2. Stay: Blackfoot Family Estate. This 4 bedroom, 2.5 bathroom home has brand new updates and furnishings throughout, including 3 large HDTVs, a full pool table, 2 living areas, and a spacious fenced backyard. You can walk to many of the Meyers eateries and businesses with ease from its convenient location. Gather the whole family, take advantage of Meyers, and then return to the comforts within.
1. Play: The running and cycling path. There is a multi-use path for joggers, cyclists, scooter-ers, walkers and more that lines the span of Meyers. You can run or bike to each local item above, take in the surrounding mountain views, and breathe in the crisp air while enjoying the well kept pathways. Explore all that Meyers has to offer and beyond!
Give RnR Vacation Rentals a call at 530-208-5001 x 1 to start your Meyers and South Lake Tahoe vacation today.