On a hot summer day after boating around the lake, or a chilly evening post-slopes session, or during this in-between spring, one thing is for certain–South Lake has some of the best options when it comes to heating up or cooling off with a beer.
Best Beers & Brew Happenings Around Town:
The Place: Cold Water Brewery & Grill on HWY 50 has 8 rotating beers on tap, all brewed on-site. Try their Stillwater Stout or Tahoe Cross IPA, crafted by brewmaster Ryan Parker. Come for the beer and stay for the atmosphere of ever-friendly staff and plenty of TVs to watch the big game on.
- The Deal: On Fridays in the colder months, wear a flannel shirt to get $4 beers on tap all day long. Once it starts heating up, wear a Hawaiian print shirt for the same deal. Cold Water is currently honoring flannels, but once June hits switch over to your Hawaiian prints.
The Place: South Lake Brewing Company is a brand new brewery located on Lake Tahoe Blvd., and they are ready to make their grand entrance to the SLT brew scene. Try their Angora IPA, Marlette Blonde, Barrett Brown, or Emigrant Saison all crafted by local married couple Chris & Nicole Smith.
- The Event: Friday, May 26, 2017 – Sunday, May 28, 2017 is the SLBC grand opening event. Join them Friday and Saturday from 11:00am-12:00am, and Sunday from 11:00am-5:00pm for days of tasting 8 beers, playing games, and enjoying live music.
The Place: The Brewery at Lake Tahoe is located at 3542 Lake Tahoe Blvd. and provides a down-home vibe with 12 beers on tap, including their signature Bad Ass Ale, Alpine Amber Ale, and seasonal brews like the Washoe Wheat Ale. Stop in for a brewski, a bite, and a front porch seat.
The Place: Sidellis Lake Tahoe brewery & restaurant is located on Sandy Way near the Tahoe DMV and has 12 beers on tap for you to experience. The brewmasters, married couple Chris Sidell and Ellwood Ellis, pride themselves on providing a top-notch atmosphere, a scrumptious food menu, and of course great rotating beers on tap. Try their Clockwork White or Oak-O-Nut.
The Place: Stateline Brewery & Restaurant is located on Lake Tahoe Blvd. and is one of the larger brew-pubs you can visit in the area. Come for a day of tasting their White-Out Wit, Avalanche Ale, or a seasonal beer. Or plan an event in their banquet area and pair their beers with their extensive food menu.
The beers are uniting at the first annual Lake Tahoe Brewfest! You can expect all these breweries and more vendors to be represented at this inaugural Brewfest.
- What: a showcasing of beer tasting from up to 13 breweries from all around Lake Tahoe along with food, live music, games, souvenirs, and more.
- Where: Swiss Chalet Village @ 2540 Lake Tahoe Blvd
- When: Saturday, June 10th, 2017 from 12:00pm – 5:00pm
- Cost: It is free to meander around the event, beer tastings cost $20 in advance or $25 at the door for a souvenir glass and 4oz. pours all day long.
Need a place to stay after sipping in all the beer experiences of South Lake Tahoe? RnR Vacation Rentals has plenty of homes available spread throughout the city. Check out our Mountain Magic home, located walking distance from the South Lake Tahoe Brewing Company. Or visit our website RnRvr.com for more home options.