Make this Memorial Day one to remember on your South Lake Tahoe vacation! The city is getting ready for warmer weather with plenty of events this weekend. Round up your friends and head over to Heavenly at Stateline for a music-filled evening, meander throughout the town to find arts & crafts for the whole family, and commemorate the day with veterans and the American Legion.
Heavenly Concert Series
- What: The Shops at Heavenly Village Lake Tahoe Summer Concert Series is kicking off this weekend. The series will feature live bands every weekend. Artists will be both local and national. This weekend you can catch Steel Breeze on Friday night, Jake’s Garage on Saturday, and Left of Centre on Sunday night. The best part? It’s FREE admission!
- Where: Heavenly Village
- When: 5:00pm-9:00pm Friday, May 26th – Saturday, May 27th – Sunday, May 28th, and then every weekend from now until Labor Day.
- More Information: http://www.theshopsatheavenly.com/holidays.php
Arts & Crafts Show
- What: Vendors will be showcasing and selling their arts and crafts all weekend long. You can browse goods from jewelry, to pottery, sculptures, paintings, prints, woodwork, photography, and more.
- Where: All over South Lake Tahoe! Round Hill Square would be a good place to start this weekend, but click the link below for more locations and details.
- When: Friday, May 26th – Sunday, May 28th, 10:00am – 6:00pm daily
- More Information: http://www.artisttoyoufestivals.com/2017__Show_Schedule.html
Memorial Day Ceremony
- What: A ceremony to honor veterans and remember their service. Walk through the Happy Homestead Cemetery, pay tribute with flowers and flags, then join the American Legion Post 795 of South Lake Tahoe and the Ladies Auxiliary for cake and beverages and conversation afterward.
- Where: The tribute ceremony will take place at the Happy Homestead Cemetery, refreshments will follow at the American Legion Hall.
- When: Monday, May 29th at 11:00am
- More Information: http://southtahoenow.com/topics/memorial-day
Where to Stay: RnR Vacation Rentals still has homes available for this holiday weekend! Enjoy a Heavenly concert, and then return home to our aptly named Heavenly Mountaintop house. Walk all over town for the arts & crafts, then rest your feet at our conveniently located Lakeland Village #458 at the Lake townhouse. Pay your respects at the cemetery on Monday, then kick back on the boat dock at our Tahoe Keys Waterfront Fun house. Check out RnRvr.com today to scoop up a last minute deal!