Planning to spend this three day weekend in South Lake Tahoe? You’re in luck: the weather will be comfortably in the 80’s, the lake level is still gloriously high, and the city has events for days to keep your holiday getaway exciting.
Labor Day Weekend Events in South Lake Tahoe 2017
Heavenly Village Carnival, Art & Music Festival
- What: Family-friendly entertainment in the form of live music, art, various types performers, rides and games, car shows, DJs, dancing, and more.
- Highlights: Tea Cup Ride for kids, stilt walkers, jugglers, music by resident DJ Ca$h Ma$ters, Reno World Dance Collection performances, live music by Steel Breeze who covers hits songs from the 70’s to today, more live music by Milton Merlos, Grace Hayes, Jelly Bread, and Musicole.
- When: Friday, Saturday, Sunday from 1:00-9:30pm each day.
- Where: All throughout Heavenly Village. Click here for directions.
- Cost: Free to walk around the village, see the action, and watch the concerts.
- Plan ahead: see more information on the weekend’s events here.
Labor Day Lasers at Lakeview
- What: The City of South Lake Tahoe, Lake Tahoe Visitors Authority, and On Course Events are putting on a light show of lasers over the lake as well as entertainment surrounding for a family-friendly good time.
- Schedule of events:
– 4:30pm Event Starts
– 5:45pm DJ Break-Laser Load-in
– 6:15pm DJ Resumes
– 8:30pm Laser and Fire Plume Display Begins
– 9:00pm Laser and Fire Plume Display Ends
- Please note: there is limited parking, a free bike valet is offered, and dogs are not allowed at the event.
- Schedule of events:
- When: Sunday, September 3rd from 4:30 – 9:00pm.
- Where: Lakeview Commons at El Dorado Beach. Click here for directions.
- Cost: Free! The event is free, but you might want to bring extra cash for the food trucks, local merchant stands, and beer & wine garden.
- Plan ahead: click here for more information.
- Also: this event’s proceeds will go to Keep Tahoe Blue. The organization is having a beach cleanup on Monday, September 4th. If you are interested helping out, you can send them an email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or give them a call at 530.541.5388.
As always, RnR Vacation Rentals is ready to host your stay in South Lake Tahoe. Whether you’re looking for a last-minute getaway, or planning for next year, visit us at RnRvr.com or give us a call at 855-99-TAHOE.