Ready to run? Untie your running shoes for a moment and choose where you’re going to relax your muscles after the big race.
The 22nd Annual Lake Tahoe Marathon is just over a month away, which means you’ll need to take a break from training to plan your vacation surrounding the event. While the Lake Tahoe Marathon is on Sunday, October 15th, there are plenty of other races and events surrounding the big day which anyone can participate in beginning Thursday, October 12th and ending Sunday, October 15th.
The Lake Tahoe Marathon
- When: Sunday, October 15, 2017 beginning at 7:30am
- Where: Start line — Meadow Rd. & H89, south of Homewood. Finish line — Lakeside Beach below the casinos at Stateline.
- Register: https://secure.marathonguide.com/register/laketahoemarathon/
- Additional Info: http://www.laketahoemarathon.com/calendar
- Course Map:
Other Events Surrounding the Marathon
- Multi-day races: Double Dare – 144 miles in 2 days, Triple Dare – 216 miles in 3 days, or the Quadzilla Dare – 288 miles in 4 days
- Kid-friendly races: The 5K Super Hero Pumpkin Run, The Optimist Kids Pumpkin Fun Run (this one is free!)
- Volunteer: you can volunteer to help put on the Lake Tahoe Marathon by being part of course direction, a designated cheering section, a water stand attendee, a start/finish line assistant, and more. The runners & city need the support!
- There is even more fun to be had, races to run, and celebratory activities to participate in. Check it all out here: https://secure.marathonguide.com/register/laketahoemarathon/
RnR Vacation Rentals would love to help ease your post-race pain by helping you find the perfect home to recover in.
- Tahoe Woods at Stateline: This 3 bedroom, 3bathroom town home is 0.6 miles to the finish line of the marathon. The home has a stunning open kitchen, plenty of seating in the living area around the fireplace and HDTV to relax, a shuffleboard table for fun after you’ve regained your strength, and multiple king beds to sleep off the sore muscles.
- Waterfront Serenity in Tahoe Keys: This 4 bedroom, 2.5 bathroom home is on Venice drive, right along the race route. You can scope out the course the day before, and get a leg up on the competition by practicing that stretch. Plus the home has a private hot tub in the backyard and overlooks a serene lagoon for your post-race recovery.
- Lakeland Village: We manage 7 homes in the convenience of Lakeland Village, from a 1 room studio near the hot tub up to a 4.5 room townhouse with a lake view. You are sure to find other runners in this resort complex to bond with before and after the race. You can walk to nearby restaurants and carbo-load, or reflect on the experience in one of the multiple pools, hot tubs, or spa.
We have plenty of other homes available with varying amenities and of all different sizes. Check them out at RnRvr.com, or give us a call at 855-99-TAHOE today.