Out with the old, in with the New Year! 2016 is coming to a close, and there is no better place to welcome 2017 than the always-lively South Lake Tahoe. Whether you’re looking to lounge outside and watch the fireworks burst over the lake, or you’re getting pumped for a night out, this city has you covered.
What: Heavenly Holidays – New Year’s Eve Celebration
Where: Heavenly Village
Details: This event has something for everyone. Come peruse the village from 6:00-9:30pm and experience live music, watch ice sculpting, see the fire dancers, get your dance on, enjoy face painting or the photobooth, and celebrate the New Year with the gondola ball drop and fireworks show.
- 7:00pm – live concert in the village
- 6:00pm onward – ice sculpting show
- 6:00pm – 9:30pm – LED dance show
- 9:00pm – gondola ball drop and fireworks
- 9:00pm – midnight – Heavenly encourages people to keep the party going at the surrounding casinos: Hard Rock Hotel & Casino, Harrah’s Lake Tahoe, Harveys Lake Tahoe, Lakeside Inn and Casino, and MontBleu
Where: The Loft in Heavenly Village
Details: The Loft Lounge is having a classic & classy NYE party. There will be music, dancing, celebratory noise makers, shimmering decorations, an array of hors d’oeuvres, firework viewing from the deck, and a champagne toast at midnight.
- Doors open at 8:00pm, celebration ends at 2:00am
- Tickets cost $100 – $1400 depending on the evening experience you’d like to have (tickets can be purchased here)
What: M.S. Dixie II New Year’s Eve Cruise 2016 – a boat cruise around Zephyr Cove Marina
Where: Zephyr Cove Marina
Details: Looking for a less traditional way to ring in the New Year? Try a cruise around Zephyr Cove aboard the M.S. Dixie II ship. The cruise will include live music, dancing, traditional NYE celebratory items, and a specially planned dinner featuring an entree of lobster tail and smoked beef tenderloin.
- Time: 6:00pm – 9:00pm
- Cost: $160 for adults, $75.00 for children
- Tickets are limited, purchase yours today by clicking here
Happy New Year from all of us here at RnR Vacation Rentals! Don’t forget to check out our website for all your future South Lake Tahoe visits — we’d love to help you plan a stay that is full of relaxation & recreation.